Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another find

So a couple of weekends ago, I scored these old school goodies at a flea market. I know it's not much, but I like them.

The brush and pack of blades are not to be used. They're strickly decorative. I'm not sure how old the brush is, but I thought it was cool looking.

The guys over at the B&B helped me date the razors to the 4th quarter of 1943. Yeah...68 years old. How crazy is that?!

The razor is a Gillette Travel Tech from 1966. See how small the handle is? The travel tech usually came in a leather or plastic carry case that held about 1 pack of blades. Obviously, it was just thrown in a junk drawer and didn't have anything else with it. After cleaning and sterilizing, It's been the least aggressive razor I've used. Very mild. And, it's a really cool 3 piece.

It was a bargain. I paid 5 bucks for all three pieces.










Happy Shaving!

No comments: